Finally, a training aid that develops power hitter skills and power hitter strength while allowing you to see the results!
- Produces explosive hitting mechanics
- Encourages lower body torque and stability
- A goal oriented teaching tool that gives instant visual feedback with every swing
- Produces higher ball exit speeds
- Teaches the benefits of compact hitting mechanics
- Available in 3 sizes
- Optionally add an Industrial Stand
The Power Bag™ develops power hitting strength in the wrist and forearms. Houston Astro Lance Berkman (pictured) credits a similar device his father made with much of the power he has in his wrist and forearms. Hitting the ball with authority requires power and strength at contact, which results in more spring off of the bat head. Bat speed is crucial for hitting the ball a long way, but if there is give in the wrist at contact much of the benefit of bat speed is lost. Strengthening the hands, wrists and forearms by using the Power Bag™ will decrease bat recoil and cause the ball to jump off of your bat.
Is It Better Than a Tire?
You bet it is! The Power Bag™ was specifically designed to allow the hitter to swing through the bag. A ball is in contact with a bat only 1/2000 of a second and some will have you believe any energy spent after contact is wasted. In theory this is correct, but how many times as a coach or parent have you noticed players of all ages give up on a swing? By teaching players to always finish their swing strong “completely” through the ball, you help them develop good habits that eventually translate into harder hit balls and sound muscle memory mechanics.
Teaches Explosive Hitting Mechanics
The Power Bag gives instant feedback with every swing. Common hitter faults such as poor hip rotation, casting or swinging around the ball, poor hand position (rolled wrist) , barring the lead arm or lunging at the target will result in a weak hit and the bag will not move much. If a hitter uses sound point of contact hitting mechanics as taught by most instructors, Bingo! The bag goes higher or all the way around. This visual and physical reward helps teach hitters how using good fundamentals leads to harder hit balls and helps the hitter develop the necessary strength to hit the ball with authority every time.
What Is It Made Of, and What's In the Box?
The Power Bag™ has a light foam center surrounded by a flexible, tear-resistant durable polyurethane coating. It is soft enough to absorb bat impact and can be used with most any bat. Each unit comes complete including the top arm and u-bolts which can be mounted to a pole 3½“ diameter or smaller. The top arm can also be mounted to a wood surface using wood screws or bolts. The unit can be removed from the top arm for storage by simply removing a ring pin. We recommend removing the bag from the outdoor elements when it will not be used for an extended period of time.
Large Power Bag - 7.5 lbs - 10" diameter x 24" long.
Players over 170 lbs. High school and college baseball.
Medium Power Bag - 5.5 lbs - 7" dia. x 24" long.
Players 100-180 lbs. High school and college fastpitch. We have had several HS fastpitch coaches inform us that by the end of their first year using this bag, 4-6 of their girls were hitting this bag all the way around. None were able to do this at the beginning of the year.
Junior Power Bag - 3.5 lbs.- 7" dia. x 12" long.
Most players 13 and under. 110 lbs and below. This bag is perfect for teaching the younger kids how good mechanics lead to more power.
Add-Ons and Package Deals
Power Bag - what you receive when you only order the Power Bag.
- Each unit comes complete including the top arm and u-bolts
- Can be mounted to a pole 3 ½ “diameter or smaller
- The top arm can also be mounted to a wood surface using wood screws or bolts
- The bag can be removed from the top arm for storage by simply removing a ring pin
Institutional Stand - For all size power bags.
- 4' wide x 6' long leg base for maximum stability
- Made with 2 1/2" square steel tubing
- Tough black powder coated finish
- Includes wheels on one end and handles on the other for easy mobility
- Rubber feet on the bottom to protect gym floors
- Can accommodate two large or medium bags simultaneously
Power Bag Package
- Includes 2 Power Bags and an Institutional Stand
- Order any 2 bag sizes
- Best Value - You Save $50!