For serious hitters only! You wanted more speed. YOU GOT IT! The BATA 2Pitch3 Baseball Pitching Machine can throw a 95 mph fastball and a 75 mph curveball IN ONE SET UP.
The new 3-wheel design picks up where the Sidewinder left off. There are two wheels on the fastball side, like the BATA-2, and a single-wheel set up on the curveball side, like the 2005 Sidewinder. The #1 speed control dial controls the speed of the fastball, and the #2 dial controls the curveball speed for simple speed control adjustment. The height adjustments and inside/outside adjustments for the fastball and the curveball are independent of each other for ease of location adjustment.
Another outstanding feature of the 2Pitch3 is the Toggle Manual Pitch Selector (sold separately). This great new feature allows you to feed fastballs and curveballs without the batter knowing which pitch is coming. When manual feeding, the T-shaped Toggle Manual Pitch Selector is set to either side: Left for a fastball, Right for a curveball. Two downhill feed chute extensions are connected to the in-feed chutes. Two balls are rolled down the feed chutes at the same time. The batter can see the balls roll down. Both balls appear (visible to the batter) just before the pitching wheels, but only one comes out. This feature makes it impossible for the batter to predict the pitch, but allows for ample timing of when the ball will be pitched.
The 2Pitch3 may also be used with a BATA Auto-Feeder. The feeder may be used to feed one type of pitch, or you may use the Auto-Feeder in conjunction with the Auto-Pitch Selector. When used with the Auto-Pitch Selector, the Feeder will select either pitch at random.
There is simply no better way to improve your hitting than the New 2Pitch3! Note: Shipping charges are typically around 10% of list price.
- For baseball only
- 2 different pitches in ONE SET UP
- 95 mph fastball / 75 mph curveball (righthand curve only)
- 3 Wheel design
- Welded steel construction
- Runs on 110 volt AC or Generator
- Optional Auto-feeder, Auto or Manual Pitch Selectors, Remote Control and Cover available
- Throws flyballs and ground balls
- 10-year limited warranty
- MADE IN THE USA
BATA machines are used by several pro organizations, including the San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago White Sox, Anaheim Angels, Oakland A's, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Seattle Mariners.What makes BATA machines better than others?
There are 6 important factors to consider when evaluating a pitching machine:
1) The type of construction. BATA machines are made of solid steel. There are no sand-castings or plastic on the frames or stands.
2) The motors and electronics. BATA uses only high-quality US Made, permanent magnet DC motors and solid-state electronic controls.
3) The wheels. As explained below, BATA wheels are the most effective design.
4) Ease of use. BATA machines are simple to set up, easy to adjust, easy to transport.
5) Capacity. BATA has machines suited for players of all levels, priced accordingly.
6) Accuracy. BATA has the only machines that use their unique Goodyear Rubber Soft Tread pitching wheels. Their Soft Tread wheels are solid, die-cast, flat-faced rubber treads, molded and vulcanized onto a machined aluminum core. The result is better accuracy, more speed, and better consistency than competitive brands.
- Feed balls at 6 second intervals
- Adjustable metal tripod stand
- Durable ABS Housing
- May be used with any machine
- Operates off 110 Volt AC
- Available with Cord or Cordless Remote On/Off Switch
- 2-year limited warranty
How are BATA Soft Tread wheels better than the JUGS or ATEC wheels?
JUGS wheels are pneumatic (air-filled) tires, mounted on a stamped, metal rim, (the type that are used on trailer wheels). Stamped rims do not run as true as machined rims. The contact surface of the pitching wheel is convex (rounded). The faster the JUGS wheel rotates, the more convex, and therefore, less accurate it becomes. JUGS wheels have more side to side run-out and more radial run-out, which leads to less accuracy. Maintaining proper air pressure is also a big concern with pneumatic tires.
BATA wheels are machined and die-cast, so they start out with a precise, consistent shape. They maintain their shape regardless of the speed, and they are precision balanced to within 1 gram per foot. This makes BATA wheels run smooth and true.
ATEC wheels are made with a concave tread, molded onto a solid rim. However, because of the deep concave, at the center of the concave (where the most compression occurs) the tread is less than 3/8 inch thick. This design does not provide enough compression to accommodate a hard baseball. The effect of this would be excessive flexing of the motor shaft inside the motor, and therefore, premature motor failure, less accuracy, and less consistency. If you ask ATEC, they will tell you that they do NOT recommend using real leather baseballs in their Casey machines.
BATA wheels are designed to throw real leather balls (and dimpled balls). Bottom line, BATA gives you more machine for your money!