The all new 2021 Spinball Wizard 3-Wheel Pitching Machine is the latest addition to the Spinball / Rawlings pitching machine family.
Major upgrades for 2021!
- Gearboxes – New high precision gearboxes for horizontal and vertical aim turn smoothly and precisely for easy aiming.
- Defensive drills – Machine pivots freely on ball bearings to aim anywhere on the field quickly and easily.
- Long steel clamping handles – New design keeps the machine aimed where you set it.
- Heavy duty wheel guard – The old plastic guards were just too floppy. The new steel guard is so strong it actually makes the frame stiffer.
- Exclusive smart control panel to set pitch speed and spin directly - no charts required!
- Throws any pitch at any speed from 40-100 mph
- Pivots freely for defensive drills all over the field
- New super smooth gearboxes for precise horizontal and vertical aim
- Weighs 120 lbs - less than some 2 wheel machines
- Motors are protected from impact by machine frame
- 5 year warranty
- Free Fedex Ground shipping - no motor freight hassles
- Made in USA
Smart Control Panel
Set pitch speed and spin directly. Other machines give you three knobs labeled 0-10 and a chart. If you want a custom pitch, it's all trial and error. Our patent pending control system lets you set the pitch speed in actual miles per hour. When you set the spin direction, you can see what direction the ball will break right on the panel. Even the spin amount is fully adjustable to match your level of competition.
Make the Most of Your Practice Time
From the smart control panel, to the geared crank wheels, to the oversized transport wheels (not shown), this machine makes batting practice easy. The three wheel design provides better ball visibility, better accuracy, and throws the nastiest breaking pitches you've ever seen.
Top Quality Motors
Industrial grade, American-made motors feature oversized, hardened stainless steel shafts to ensure a long life. And unlike competing machines, our motors are protected by the 1/4" steel frame, not exposed to batted balls. With their machines, one line drive can cost you up to $400 in repairs.
Spinball's solid wheels feature a urethane tread that is a full 1" thick for lower shock loads and almost instant speed recovery. Our competitors' profiled wheel tread is only 3/8" thick at the center, causing a much higher shock load on the motor shafts, and requiring a self reported 8 seconds recovery time with real baseballs. Pneumatic wheels are almost impossible to keep balanced because they change shape at high speed from centrifugal force. As the speed increases, the unbalanced rubber tire expands, but the balance weights mounted on the steel wheel can't move, so the wheels become unbalanced. They can also leak air and gloss over from use, reducing grip and therefore accuracy and speed.
Three Sports with One Machine
These machines can be used for baseball, softball and cricket. The only differences between the machines are the interchangeable legs and ball feeder ramps. Single use machines can easily be upgraded to combination machines later by purchasing the appropriate upgrade kit. Motors are mounted on slots to allow for major adjustments between baseball and softball use, as well as for minor corrections for wheel tread wear and ball hardness. Three optional leg heights provide a realistic release point for any player: 32" for softball, 60" for baseball and 73" for baseball-XL or cricket.
Throw Any Pitch from Any Angle
A thrown ball curves in the direction of its spin. The faster the spin, the more it curves. Fastballs have backspin, which cause them to rise, or at least fall slower than they otherwise would. Sinkers and curves have topspin, causing them to drop. Knuckleballs ideally have no spin at all and move randomly. When you set the spin angle and amount on the control panel, and the machine automatically adjusts the wheel speeds to spin the ball in any direction to simulate virtually any pitch.
Spinball Wizard 3-Wheel Pitching Machine