The versatile BATA-2 Pitching Machine is the choice of many major league teams. Capable of throwing any type of pitch, with a maximum speed of about 100 miles per hour. Also ideal for throwing grounders and flyballs. BATA-2 is the only machine with Soft-Tread Pitching Wheels, designed specifically for throwing real leather baseballs.
- Speed Range: 25-100 mph with leather baseballs or dimpled baseballs
- Weight 98 lbs.
- Runs on 110 AC
- Throws all types of pitches
- 3-way swivel head
- Available for Baseball and Softball
- Optional Auto-Feeders, Remote Controls, and Covers available
- 10-year limited warranty
- MADE IN THE USA
BATA machines are used by several pro organizations, including the San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago White Sox, Anaheim Angels, Oakland A's, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Seattle Mariners.
What makes BATA machines better than others?
There are 6 important factors to consider when evaluating a pitching machine:
1) The type of construction. BATA machines are made of solid steel. There are no sand-castings or plastic on the frames or stands.
2) The motors and electronics. BATA uses only high-quality US Made, permanent magnet DC motors and solid-state electronic controls.
3) The wheels. As explained below, BATA wheels are the most effective design.
4) Ease of use. BATA machines are simple to set up, easy to adjust, easy to transport.
5) Capacity. BATA has machines suited for players of all levels, priced accordingly.
6) Accuracy. BATA has the only machines that use their unique Goodyear Rubber Soft Tread pitching wheels. Their Soft Tread wheels are solid, die-cast, flat-faced rubber treads, molded and vulcanized onto a machined aluminum core. The result is better accuracy, more speed, and better consistency than competitive brands.
- Feed balls at 6 second intervals
- Adjustable metal tripod stand
- Durable ABS Housing
- May be used with any machine
- Operates off 110 Volt AC
- Available with Cord or Cordless Remote On/Off Switch
- 2-year limited warranty
Note: Guaranteed to feed BATA Dimpled Balls only
How are BATA Soft Tread wheels better than the JUGS or ATEC wheels?
JUGS wheels are pneumatic (air-filled) tires, mounted on a stamped, metal rim, (the type that are used on trailer wheels). Stamped rims do not run as true as machined rims. The contact surface of the pitching wheel is convex (rounded). The faster the JUGS wheel rotates, the more convex, and therefore, less accurate it becomes. JUGS wheels have more side to side run-out and more radial run-out, which leads to less accuracy. Maintaining proper air pressure is also a big concern with pneumatic tires.
BATA wheels are machined and die-cast, so they start out with a precise, consistent shape. They maintain their shape regardless of the speed, and they are precision balanced to within 1 gram per foot. This makes BATA wheels run smooth and true.
ATEC wheels are made with a concave tread, molded onto a solid rim. However, because of the deep concave, at the center of the concave (where the most compression occurs) the tread is less than 3/8 inch thick. This design does not provide enough compression to accommodate a hard baseball. The effect of this would be excessive flexing of the motor shaft inside the motor, and therefore, premature motor failure, less accuracy, and less consistency. If you ask ATEC, they will tell you that they do NOT recommend using real leather baseballs in their Casey machines.
BATA wheels are designed to throw real leather balls (and dimpled balls). Bottom line, BATA gives you more machine for your money!