No ground anchors needed! TurfBase™ bases, pitching rubbers and home plates are designed specifically for synthetic turf applications.
- No ground anchor installation is necessary
- All products are Official Size (pitching rubber is 6" x 24")
- Installation and/or removal is a snap
- Durable all rubber construction includes mesh reinforcement
- Specially designed pegs molded into the underside grip the turf and infill material
- Prevents lateral movement but still allows for vertical lift caused by impact (such as a slide)
Baseball/softball fields as well as batting cage and bullpen areas are increasingly installing synthetic turf as the playing surface of choice. The change of the athletic surface from natural grass to synthetic turf creates several field equipment installation challenges. Typically, field equipment such as bases, home plates and pitching rubbers are installed in ground anchors that require site excavation and/or concrete work.
In synthetic turf applications, these ground anchors become tripping hazards when the field is converted for multi-sport use or when the equipment is removed during the off season for storage. Many times, the ground anchors are not capped properly. This makes them difficult to find and they can get clogged with infill material, making installation and/or removal of field equipment problematic. The TurfBase™ product line of official size bases, home plates and pitching rubbers addresses all of the above issues and more.
TurfBase™ also allows for the conversion of any synthetic turf surface to a baseball/softball application providing an easily installed and/or removed, cost effective solution for multi-sport athletic playing fields as well as parks and recreation facilities.
Need multiple TurfBase™ bases, rubbers or home plates for your league or facility? Call us at (877) 300-0087 x1 for volume discount pricing.