Understand and learn to TEACH the pitching motion with innovative and effective coaching techniques and follow a proven, easy-to-follow plan for training and developing young pitchers. Here is your complete coaching reference to pitching mechanics, arm care, pick-offs, mound presence, mental strategy, common flaws and fundamental drills. This book will be the most valuable piece of coaching equipment you own! Coaching the Beginning Pitcher is 275 pages long and contains over 100 pictures and graphs. A thorough and complete guide to coaching pitchers.
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS
1. Pitch Selection and Theory
2. Fundamentals of Proper Pitching Mechanics
3. Coaching Beginning Pitchers
4. Training and Taking Care of the Arm
5. Fundamental Drills
6. Common Mistakes and Remedies
7. Mound Presence
9. Stretching, Warm Up and Long Toss
11. Coaching the Pitching Mind
- Learn to TEACH pitching in addition to understanding it
- Avoid injury and keep athletes having fun on the mound
- Help athletes tackle tough mental challenges related to the pitcher position
- Identify and fix common flaws and errors
- Set up effective training programs, efficient practices and complete throwing schedules
“This book shows you how to teach your son and work with his teammates, monitor arm health and throwing loads, coach pick-off moves and increase mound presence. The mental approaches taught in this book are extremely powerful and effective.” - Dave Serrano, Cal State Fullerton Head Baseball Coach
“This book is a must for those considering coaching or instructing youth baseball and a huge help for those who have already begun coaching. PONY Baseball (Protect Our Nation's Youth) believes in the protection of our participants and books like Dan's support our mission." - Abe Key, PONY Baseball League, International President and CEO
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dan Keller is a former full-scholarship, all-american pitcher for UCLA drafted by the Baltimore Orioles. He has experience providing over 10,000 pitching lessons, and has been a successful pitching instructor since 1999. A talented speaker and gifted writer, he has spoken to coaching groups across the country and has been published in newspaper, magazine and online media. Keller’s students span from first-graders to first-rounders, and his Lifeletics Baseball Academy successfully operates team and individual training lessons, seasonal camps and clinics, success seminars, and pitching-specific programs.
This book has enabled thousands to successfully teach their athletes to pitch. Grab this book, gather a plan, and get coaching!